The Public Institution Loire has been coordinating actions for over 30 years in all municipalities concerned by the Loire basin and its tributaries.
EP Loire is a dynamic organization facing many challenges:
- a large perimeter to cover
- an area where safety is paramount (e.g. the flood control measures)
- a necessary balance to find between preserving resources and the users' satisfaction
- many counterparts to interact with(over 50 municipalities )
- a significant activity (2500 vulnerability diagnosis have been carried out)
EP Loire has chosen Taemana to conceive a knowledge management tool in order to better capitalize and manage the existing expertise and prepare the future ones.
Thus, EP Loire assignements applies to:
– water resources management for Naussac and Villerest dams
– prevention and mitigation of flood risk
– water planning and management
– stimulating research, development and innovation.
In this context and in order to meet these challenges while ensuring the sustainability of its action, the EP Loire organization has decided to initiate a knowledge management approach.